In a good book the top three qualities i look for is description, adventure and emotion. In order for me to fall in love with the book there needs to be lots of description leading up to a great adventure. I want to be able to feel like i am right there in the story. I want there to be a lot of emotion so i can feel what the characters are feeling. Those qualities are basic builds for a great book. I enjoy reading books like that because these three tie into each other perfectly. If there are lots of description in the emotion i feel the way the characters feel. If there is lots of description in the adventure i feel like i am on the journey with the characters. If there is a good adventure the story would be filled with many different emotions as the characters face good times and bad through there journey.
The book i am reading is called A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseili. I think since the book is about Afghanistan there is going to be great description and emotion. So far have felt much emotion from the characters in the story. I feel that there is going to be a great adventure because the daughter had went off into the city where here Nana told her not to go. So much emotion has been brought through with the death of her Nana. I'm curious to know where he adventure is going to take her.
Hosseini, Khaled. A Thousand Splendid Suns. New York: Riverhead, 2007. Print.
I agree with the list you have put together. I would also add suspense as an interest grabber (for me...). You have selected a book that definitely includes description, adventure and emotion as these women fight to find their own life separate from the men in their families.
ReplyDeleteNext time, try to include a quotation from your book to support your ideas. How might you show your readers that there is a great adventure full of lots of emotion?
Make sure that you capitalize I (rather than use i).