Friday, March 1, 2013

Blog Post Two

The five elements in my story so far are, 
- Character 
- Mood 
- Imagery
- Diction
- Pathos


In my story I think "Character" stands out the most to me. While reading my story there are little things that slowly start to show about different characters throughout the story. When I think of this element the character that stands out the most to me is Mariam's husband Rasheed. When the first got married I was wondering why there wasn't much said about who he was. All i knew was how he was dressed. Although as I went on through my reading I started to learn more about how he was a slob in his own home. Right now i'm at the part where we are finding out about his past wife and how his room actually looks like. "Beneath the gun were several magazines with curling corners. Mariam opened one. Something inside her dropped. Her mouth gaped of its own will. On every page were woman, beautiful woman, who wore no shirts, no trousers, no socks or underpants. They wore nothing at all." (Hosseini, A Thousand Splendid Suns 75-75) When read this I started to get a better picture at who Rasheed was as a person. It is like this with almost every character in the story but her husband stood out to me the most. So I think if I were to meet another character I would have to wait to find out about them throughout the story. 



Hosseini, Khaled. A Thousand Splendid Suns. New York: Riverhead, 2007. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment